Sunday, January 29, 2006

Tattoo Pt. 2

Yup, you guessed it, I finally took that hour away from Game Cube and the opening of my new store to plop myself down, hold out my arm....AND GO THROUGH THE MOST EXCRUTIATING 60 MINUTES OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Tattoo #1 occurred 9 years ago, promptly the day after being initiated into the fraternity I so naively joined my freshman semester of college. Located above my right ankle it is a very nicely drawn sun over my fraternity's "secret moto" written in a Greek Acronym. Lesson learned, at 18, when you want to get a tattoo, draw it up, post it on your mirror and look at it everyday. If it's still what you want when you get out of college, knock yourself out. As for mine - I'm taking suggestions on how to cover up the Greek lettering.

Tattoo #2 occurred 5 years ago, the summer after graduating from college. It was an extremely promtu thing, this time choosing the Chineese kanji symbol for "the sun" (also meaning male or 'yang'). Its about an inch down the center of my back from the base of my neck. I truly love that one. Simple, easily hidden in appropriate situations, and a great conversation piece.

Tattoo #3 - yesterday (Saturday) 3:30pm. After reading what I wrote about my last one, especially its location, you may be surprised at where I settled for the newest creation. Exactly where I have planned on getting one for about a year now. On the inside of my left wrist (now do you know why I stressed the pain?) The artist (Steve at Fatty's Tattoos in DC) drew up EXACTLY what I had in my head, but lacked the artistic ability to get to paper. It's two linked symbols; one being the planetary symbol for the sun (yes - there's a theme and a method to my tattoo madness) which looks like a capital letter O with a dot in the middle. The second being the astrological sign for Leo. Simple, yet complex and kind of mysterious looking, even to me who knows exactly what it means.

As for the inner argument about how this tattoo will be perceived at work, I guess I've sentenced myself to a career wearing long sleeves. Ironically, won't that make me look more professional?

Pictures to be posted soon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]