Sunday, January 08, 2006

Tattoo

So I'm checking out Margaret Cho's website and her attached blog (Margaret Cho's Blog)(now that I've started one, those belonging to others seem a little more interesting than before. I guess I'm looking for inspiration.) and I see that she recently got an absolutely HUGE and beautiful tattoo all across the lower half of her back.

So I'm thinking to myself - why am I being such a puss boy about getting the tattoo I've been planning for a fucking year now? I know what I want, I know where I want it - so why do I keep making excuses?

Not like I don't have the money - and if I'd take an hour away from obsessing over my new store, or away from GameCube (told you I can be a dork) it would be over and done with. It might be that weird in-between feeling I've been feeling lately. It's not like I'm 22 and fresh out of college anymore. It's not like I have those same "fuck the system, my know-how is more valuable than where I place piercings or tattoos" aspirations. Does that mean I've admitted defeat from the system? HELL NO - but it does mean I know how to play the game a little better than before.

Case in point - as to why my hesitation to the tattoo. My company has a strict "no showing tattoos" policy, and the location of my planned body defacing is on the inside of my left wrist. What does that mean? Long sleeves and/or big thick non-corporate watches for the rest of my life. At least if I'm going to continue to climb the ladder like I have.

It's all about finding balance and not burning bridges like I used to. Wow, now just think if I had taken time away from this blog entry and just went to go get that damn tattoo....

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]