Friday, February 10, 2006

The Impact Thus Far

6 weeks into the new year already!?! I'm surprised that I've kept up on this blog even semi-regularly for that long. I was never one for diaries or journals or even logging my reps at the gym. What was the point? It was for my eyes only pretty much, and when am I going to go back and read about some dumb TV crush I had or how much I benched three months ago?

Now this blog this is different, and I see that now. And it definately governs how I communicate to all of you out there that read this. It's like being personal without wearing your heart on your sleeve or telling secrets about yourself or others that really shouldn't be coded into HTML.

Yes, I've gotten feedback. The most rewarding has been from a couple of the guys from the group mentioned in the entry over Martin Luther King Birthday weekend ("Friends Become Friends...."). They were extremely touched and offered even more words of encouragement. Thank God. I guess that's why I put my gratitude in here instead of expressing it to their face. As confident as I seem sometime, I think my greatest fear is people thinking that what comes out of my mouth is stupid.

I will always be mightier with a pen than a sword, and definately better with a pen than orally. The written (or typed) word seems so final. You really can't argue it, unless you talk to yourself. And even when you do, those words stay there, unchanged. A verbal exchange between people can take on an odd mutation of what it originally set out to be. Opinions are swayed, feelings are hurt and the worst is that I can stand there for two minutes searching for a word to say, that I don't give second thought to finding when typing or writing.

I've enjoyed how (this is cliche) these blog entries take on a mind of their own. From talking about fads, to the Super Bowl, to quips on celebrity, I type about whatever is on my mind at the exact moment I open my internet browser. For better for worse.

So to all of you out there, keep the feedback coming in. I really enjoy it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]