Friday, August 18, 2006

Sense of Accomplishment

Have you ever done something in your life that you had been trying to accomplish for a long time? Since starting with a new company; since graduating from college, or high school; since talking to your guidance counselor in junior high for the first time; writing a report at the age of ten on what you wanted to be when you wanted to grow up; or telling your parents where you wanted to live at the ripe old age of five?

I am sitting on a train on my way to accomplishing the very last thing on the previous list. One of my earliest memories is being four or five and telling my mom that I wanted to live in New York City. I don’t know how, at that young age, I knew about NYC or what was in that city for me to want to live there. I believe the only exposure I had to New York was the fact that Sesame Street was supposedly set there. So maybe it’s a life long dream of meeting Big Bird.

Either way, that’s what I’m doing. And for the first time in my life I truly feel like I worked hard at achieving a goal; a dream. Promotions and career shifts and graduations to me always felt like the obvious next step. I never feel like I was completing something, but more like I was becoming bored and complacent and just moved on.

I have a job, a place to live, money coming in, the best group of friends I could ever ask for and then some. I’m really lucky and truly blessed. And its such a good feeling that I hope that everyone who reads this one day, if they haven’t already, gets to this point in their lives.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]