Saturday, June 16, 2007

How My TV Season Shook Out

Funny how back in September I was going crazy trying to keep up on the shows (new and returning) that were flooding my TiVo night after night. Some were sacrificed, some made it through, some may not return to my TiVo lineup next fall and some should have been added the first time around.

Monday - I killed all of the sit-coms (How I Met Your Mother, Classmates). Again I stand by my opinion that the traditional sitcom no longer carries relevance in this post Will and Grace world. That was the last s'com to deliver anything of relevance in the standard three-camera format. NO MORE CANNED LAUGHTER!

Tuesday - Six Degrees was preempted after October, returned to Fridays in March (the kill-me now 9pm slot) and quickly was off again. This was the one new show that deserved a shot as it was begining to live up to its premise, albeit thirteen episodes in.
Real World/Road Rules Challenges - will always be a staple long after anyone who was actually on their original shows that I actually watched stop playing.

Wednesday - LOST started off slow, left us hanging for a LONG time, and came back with a series of episodes that made me scratch my head but still enjoy the ride up to the last mind-blowing minute of the finale. The critics need to also just enjoy the ride and not worry about the destination until 2010.
Killed Jericho, and CBS followed suit.
Killed The Nine and ABS did so the next day

Thursday - Survivor: Fiji WORST SEASON EVER. Stop with the hidden Immunity Idols, stop with Exile Island, stop with the tropical locales, stop mixing tribes three or four times throughout and stop allowing three to get to the Final Council. Maybe China will put it back on track....but I may be watching
Ugly Betty instead (as I should have this past season.)

Friday - (not a TV night)

Saturday - (not a TV night)

Sunday - Desperate Housewives - A+, once again.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]